DISCLAIMER: The Colorado Asphalt Pavement Association is providing the information contained on the "Career Center" Pages of this site as information to potential employers and employees. If you are interested in a position listed or interviewing a potential employee, contact them directly from the information contained herein. The following Agencies, Contractors, or Consultants currently have positions listed on this web site. The list is updated as notified by those who submit the positions and availability. CAPA assumes no responsibility for the content of the information presented or the availability of the positions posted.
Below is a list of Employment Opportunities related to the Asphalt Industry. If you are a seeking employment, click on the More Information link. The Jobs are listed in chronological order. If you would like to post an available position on this site, click here and fill out the form. If you have any questions or comments, please e-mail us at email@example.com or call us at 303-741-6150. Career Links is a service provided at no cost to CAPA Members and Governmental Agencies. A $100 fee is for all Non-Member postings. If you are seeking employment outside of Colorado, NAPA has a listing of available jobs. Click here to visit the NAPA Jobs link.
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES RELATED TO THE ASPHALT INDUSTRY
The City and County of Denver Parks Department-9/2019
Maintenance Technician About Our Job
The City and County of Denver Parks Department has an opportunity for a Maintenance Technician (Asphalt Parks) for our Buildings and Structures Maintenance team. This position will be responsible for a variety of asphalt maintenance, construction, and repair of parks facilities and structures.
This position will be based at 4495 Jason Street, Denver, CO. This position will participate in a flex shift Monday-Thursday from 6:00 AM – 3:30 PM and Friday, 6:00AM – 2:30 PM with every other Friday off. Candidates must be flexible to respond to on-call emergencies and facility needs. The hiring range for this position is $17.72 – $21.79.
This position also may be expected to participate in snow removal operations at Denver International Airport, as needed (roughly September through March).
• Performs semi-skilled, unlicensed trades work on a regular basis in multiple trades areas including welding, carpentry, locksmith, glazing, tool machinery, masonry, mechanical maintenance, minor electrical, minor plumbing, minor heating and ventilating, minor refrigeration and air conditioning, and painting, etc.
• Performs construction and maintenance work such as fencing installation and repair, concrete forming and repair, and asphalt operations
• Assists skilled trades workers in the construction, maintenance and repair of a variety of machinery, equipment, and facility systems and structures
• Installs and repairs floor tile, carpet, ceiling tile, window glass, insulation, dispensers, office furniture and related equipment
• Inspect facilities and equipment to identify construction, maintenance and repair needs including estimating materials, labor, time and cost of repairs
• Operates and maintains light to heavy equipment including vehicles with trailers or plow attachments
• Participates in snow removal duties as assigned
• Performs other related duties as assigned or requested About You
We are looking for a well-rounded and experienced Maintenance Technician who can work effectively on a team but is highly-motived enough to complete work orders and projects independently as needed. Additionally, our ideal candidate will have:
• Experience with asphalt
• Construction and maintenance experience in commercial facilities; such as fencing, concrete work and masonry
• Proficiency in operating light to heavy equipment
• Experience with snow removal operations
• Experience with welding
• Possession of a CDL Class B (or ability to obtain within 6 months)
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications :
• Education requirement: Graduation from high school or the possession of a GED, HiSET or TASC Certificate.
• Experience Requirement: Two (2) years of experience as a skilled trades helper or semi-skilled laborer performing a variety of duties requiring construction, mechanical, or facility maintenance skills.
• Education/Experience Equivalency: Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirements. Additional appropriate experience may be substituted for the minimum education requirements.
• License/Certifications: This job requires driving. Requires a valid Driver’s License at the time of application.
• By position, requires a valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL “B”) with appropriate endorsements by the end of probation. Licenses and certifications must be kept current as a condition of employment. About Everything Else
CJ2552 Maintenance Technician
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here.
Position Type Unlimited
Position Salary Range $17.72 – $25.87
Starting Pay $17.72 – $21.79
Agency Parks and Recreation
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
Aggregate Industries, WCR – 4/2019
Title: Estimator PURPOSE
The Estimator will prepare cost estimates for product manufacturing, construction projects, or services to aid management in bidding on or determining price of product or service. May specialize according to particular service performed or type of product manufactured.
◎ Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas.
◎ Analyze blueprints and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials, and labor estimates. Assess cost effectiveness of products, projects or services, tracking actual costs relative to bids as the project develops. Consult with clients, vendors, personnel in other departments or construction foremen to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues. Confer with engineers, architects, mgmt, contractors and subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates. Prepare estimates used by management for purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work. Prepare estimates for use in selecting vendors or subcontractors.
◎ Review material and labor requirements, to decide whether it is more cost effective to produce or purchase components. Prepare cost and expenditure statements and other necessary documentation at regular intervals for the duration of the project.
◎ Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors.
◎ Set up cost monitoring and reporting systems and procedures. Establish and maintain tendering process, and conduct negotiations. Conduct special studies to develop and establish standard hour and related cost data or to effect cost reduction.
◎ Prepare reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Required Education: Bachelor’s/Undergraduate Degree preferred or comparable experience and/or training
Required Work Experience: 3 years minimum of previous estimating experience
Internal controls providing reasonable assurance of effective and efficient operations, including actions to prevent and detect fraud and protect Company resources
LICENSE TO LEAD – OH&S COMPETENCIES
◎ Implements OH&S Mission: Ensures alignment of OH&S activities arising from OpCo OH&S mission
◎ Ensures adequate OH&S organization: Ensures relevant actions are taken so that OH&S requirements are met
◎ Identifies Hazards & Control Risks: Actively manages risks by ensuring that all related control activities are implemented thoroughly
◎ Manages Incidents: Drives committed and effective incident management
◎ Ensure compliance with internal control procedures – communicating problems in operations, unwarranted deviations from established standards, and violations of policy or law