The Annual Rocky Mountain Asphalt Conference & Equipment Show is co-sponsored by CAPA and is considered to be one of the most informative meetings of the construction industry. CAPA is available to assist with technical issues such as RAP, Porous HMA Pavaaments, Edgeline Cracking, etc.
• Technical bulletins have been developed and made available to CAPA members on the following subjects: use of asphalt release agents, warm mix asphalt, porous asphalt, understanding asphalt binders, and understanding asphalt mix design – Marshall versus Superpave.
• CAPA initiated discussion with a number of agencies and organizations including CDOT, MGPEC and others regarding the benefit of increased use of recycled asphalt pavement (RAP). Joint efforts has led to increase use of RAP.
• The joint CAPA/APWA Asphalt Technology Scholarship Program has awarded scholarships to more than 109 individuals who have attended the “Short Course in Asphalt Technology Course” at NCAT in Alabama.
• Worked diligently to educate owners, agencies, and consultants on the supply and availability of asphalt. The following resources were developed;
• An Advisory entitled Asphalt Price Increases Felt Industry Wide
• A Technical Brief entitled PG Binders – Taking the Mystery Out of the Numbers
• An Editorial/Opinion by Tom Peterson was published by the Denver Business Journal.
• Developed a perspective entitled Asphalt Price & Supply,
To obtain Technical Assistance contact Tom Clayton, Director of Training and Member Services. orMike Skinner, Director of Engineering.